Leaps-n-Bounds offers pediatric occupational therapy services to the San Diego county area. Our preventative and restorative treatment process is designed to improve psychosocial and developmental abilities in children and young adults. Our occupational therapy strives to enrich a child’s development by designing activities that will motivate children while addressing their needs to achieve independence in self-care, play/leisure, and the process of learning.
The enhancement of knowledge and skill that is acquired at Leaps-n-Bounds guides children in learning ways to maximize their daily routines, allowing access to an improved quality of life. Our programs and services are child-centered and designed to meet the individualized needs of children and their families as they grow into adulthood.
Although we are a pediatric clinic, our occupational therapists are experienced working with individuals across the life span, from Early Intervention, Schools, outpatient pediatric hospitals, rehabilitation and acute care hospitals, to skilled nursing facilities. Our team is inspired by the children and their families to utilize a play-based approach and the latest techniques to provide skilled occupational therapy services. We strive to enrich the lives of children and their families in order to reach their highest potential.
In addition to addressing the specific needs of our clients, we also offer Well-Baby programs such as Infant Massage and Pediatric Yoga to increase the bond between parent and child, and provide life-long learning for wellness and health.
Occupational Therapy Services
Our Areas of Expertise Include
- Fine motor development
- Sensory Processing/ Modulation and Sensory Diets
- Mealtime/Oral Motor Development
- Activities of Daily Living/Self Help Skills Training
- Handwriting Skills and Remediation/ Dysgraphia
- Visual Perception/ Processing and Visual Motor Skills
- Development of Play Skills
- Therapeutic Listening ®
- Zones of Regulation Curriculum ®
- Infant Massage (CEIM)
- Pediatric Yoga
Our Services encompass individuals diagnosed or having difficulty, with the following
- Autism Spectrum Disorders/ Asperger’s Diagnosis
- Developmental Delay
- Sensory Integration Difficulties
- Syndromes (such as Down’s Syndrome, Charge Syndrome)
- Core Strength/ Stability/Low Muscle Tone
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- At-Risk Individuals
- Motor Delays (such as Cerebral Palsy, hemiplegia)